Monday, January 4, 2010

And so the travelling begins...yet again

It is less than a month before I am off to Asia again. This time, it is for relaxation before 8 years worth of school and a birthday/christmas/graduation for two years gift to my sister Chris, who I call My-chan. We will be in Japan (mainly Tokyo) from Feb 3rd - 11th, Korea (mainly Seoul) from Feb 11th - 18th and last but not least Philippines from Feb 18 - Mar 5th! I am SUPEREXCITED!!

Normally, as you have probably noticed from previous entries, I just pack the day/night of or just before I leave. It's because I am absent-minded and just know that if I pack early, I'll forget something or will keep packing and unpacking, etc. For some reason, I feel a little bit of finality in this trip - like it's going to be the last big one for a while. Most likely I'm feeling this way, as school is a giant thing looming over my head. I'm going back for something I'm interested in, so I'm happy about that but it will be for soooo long. It'll be worth it in the end I'm sure, but it's a huge thing for me to give up travelling so often. Travelling is my S-A-N-I-T-Y.

With that said, I will eagerly anticipate my trip and fully live by the notion: "GO BIG OR GO HOME"...translation: exactly what it says...I'm not going to not do something because I don't want to spend so much money, etc...I'm going to enjoy this trip!! (like I always do)...but more so because it will be the last EPIC adventure for a bit!

I always like to try something new...so a few things I'm thinking of (and also keeping in mind that my sister's budget is smaller)are: visiting Yokohama, *gulp* trying out a ryokan - i need a lot of courage for that one... I'm still thinking of other things. It would also be nice to cross something off my 26 List, so I'll see what I can do

No comments: