Sunday, March 30, 2008

Sam and Des' Asian Adventure - 1st installment

Hello Sweeties...


Do you miss me, cuz I miss you...B/C i'm a lazy, i mean..too smart to waste energy..I'm just gonna type out things I wrote in my journal...and random thoughts...
-Cathay Pacific ROCKS! All they do is feed us, so Des and I talk, eat and sleep...
-Landed in Alaska, but we couldn't leave the plane...booo....
-Poor Aerosol dude...he stood there with plastic gloves and would spray/marinate the washroom like crazy everytime someone left for 30 min. intervals...this is what it says in my journal...
"LMAO...why is it always the poor crew guy aerosoling the washroom? >_<>
-I only gagged once when I went to the washroom...
-Used up a lot of tissue, since I'm still slightly sick, Des got a whole box for me...she even found the Korean radio station so I could listen
-Haven't seen sunlight in almost two days...
-Got stopped by security for metal item in my bag. For the life of me, couldn't figure out what it was. They were very nice about it though. Turned out to be my air freshner...
-FOUND MY TIRAMISU COVERED ALMONDS!!! I dreamed about them for 2 years.


SINGAPORE SO FAR

-Being here has made Des and I realize how much we take for granted in Toronto
- Almost NO INTERNET CAFES...we're dying here...I need internet...thank goodness Des saw this place..
- A cool breeze...there aren't any here...so I am obsessed with air conditioned malls/stores
- You can't easily make collect phone calls and have to buy a phone card
- You have to wait in line for a cab...but ppl will still hail and steal the cab from ppl in line..WE REALLY DON'T GET IT
- Yesterday Des *blinked* three times at the table...we had to get her food take-out, b/c she was really gonna sleep...I was no better...In the taxi line I blinked and took a step. Luckily, taking that step woke me up and I didn't hit the pavement. Needless to say we had a good rest when we got home.
- Orchard Road is like Westernized NAME BRAND shopping! We see all the things we have in Toronto, so we didn't buy too much...although there was a mall with Queen St. like clothing.
- MALLS LIKE CRAZY...and they are all pretty much connected...
- Food is plentiful! Not 10 steps away, there is always food!...Yummy food!
- Ate vendor food...it was yummy..but kinda greasy..but good...needed water or arteries would clog..
- We're trying not to buy things we know we can get in Toronto, or Korea or Japan
- Subway is clean...you will be fined for...eating/drinking in the subway, bringing Durian in, littering and something else...
- Today we will go to Suntec City and check out the World's Largest Fountain...we want to check out a reserve tomorrow and maybe the zoo?


ok...that's all for now folks. Did you make it to the end? If you did, I owe you a hug!


Until we meet again...fare thee well...


Lots of love,


-Sam
p.s. if there are spelling mistakes, etc...too bad..hahahaa...i'm in a rush...huuhuuu. I know you still love me anyway!


*originally written: April 5th, 2006

No comments: